Dead Scream in the anime
|Attack Name:||Dead Scream|
|Attack Name (kanji/kana):||破滅喘鳴／デッド・スクリーム|
|English Name:||Pluto Deadly Scream (dub), Dead Scream (manga, Viz dub)|
|Performed by:||Sailor Pluto|
|Item Required:||Garnet Rod|
|First Used (anime):||Who is the True Messiah? Chaos of Light and Darkness|
|First Used (manga):||Act 19 Time Warp SAILORPLUTO|
Dead Scream was the first attack used by Sailor Pluto.
To perform this attack in the original anime series, Sailor Pluto raised the Garnet Rod into the air and a small whirlwind spun into being around her. She said the attack name and the winds coalesced into the Garnet Orb, creating a glowing purple ball of energy. She spun once, holding the Rod, and then fired the energy at her target.
In Sailor Moon Crystal, Sailor Pluto first used Dead Scream in Act 19, to stop Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus from approaching the Space-Time Door. However, it would not receive a fully animated attack sequence until the second part of Sailor Moon Eternal, when Super Sailor Pluto used it to release the Guardian Senshi from the vines in which PallaPalla had trapped them.
- The name of this attack probably derives from Roman mythology, in which Pluto was the god of the underworld, the resting place of the dead.
- The literal meanings of the kanji characters used in the name of this attack in the manga are "destruction" (破滅) and "wheezing" (喘鳴).
- Though Sailor Pluto used this attack in episode 112, the full sequence of the attack was not shown until the next episode.
- According to the Sailor Moon SuperS Nakayoshi Anime Album, the mist that formed around the Garnet Orb when Sailor Pluto performed this attack was called "meikai no kaze" (冥界の風; wind of the underworld). The same phrase was also used to refer to this attack in the musical Last Dracul Jokyoku.
- In the original version, Sailor Pluto said the attack's name in a soft voice, but in the first English dub she yelled it out instead.