Seeking Friends! Chibi Moon's Actions
(Redirected from Tainted Tea Party)
Professor Tomoe prepares tea
|Name (Kanji/kana):||友達を求めて! ちびムーンの活躍|
|Name (Romaji):||Tomodachi wo Motomete! Chibi Muun no Katsuyaku|
|Name (Translated):||Seeking Friends! Chibi Moon's Actions|
|Name (Viz Dub):||Making New Friends: Chibi Moon's Adventure|
|Animation Director:||Ikuko Ito|
|Air Date:||August 20, 1994|
|Previous Episode:||The Arrival of the Tiny Pretty Senshi|
|Next Episode:||Wanting More Power! Mako's Lost Path|
|First English Dub Episode|
|Name:||Tainted Tea Party|
|Air Date:||June 30, 2000|
|Previous Episode:||Hello, Sailor Mini Moon|
|Next Episode:||People Who Need People|
Chibiusa searches for friends in the twentieth century, and becomes intrigued by Tamasaburou, a young practitioner of the tea ceremony.
- Shinnosuke (the boy who dropped his pants), his "elephant", his 'Chin-chan' doll, and his mother's appearance were all references to another TV Asahi anime - Crayon Shin-chan. Shinnosuke was voiced by the same voice actress as Shinnosuke "Shin-chan" Nohara from that anime, and his mother was voiced by the same VA as Shin-chan's mother. The Sailor Moon voice cast returned the favour in episode 109 of Crayon Shin-chan, in which Aya Hisakawa, Emi Shinohara, and Kae Araki appeared as "Sailor Iyaan," "Sailor Bakaan," and "Sailor Mufoon," respectively.
- Tamasaburou's gender was altered in the original English dub of this episode. It is believed within the fandom that it was because he cross-dressed at the end of the episode.
- The incident with Shinnosuke was also changed in the original English dub of the episode. In that version, he showed Rini his Sailor Moon underwear, despite the fact that his underwear was in his hand at the end.
- The incident with Shinnosuke was changed in the Latin American Spanish dub as well. In that version, he shouted: "Por el Poder del Prisma Lunar" (the dub name of Moon Prism Power, Make Up).
- In the first English dub, when the girls looked at Neo-Queen Serenity's note they described the writing as "symbols," and Mina said that she had to read it "with [her] imagination" because it was completely illegible. This was possibly because the note was shown on screen and the kana would have been unfamiliar to English-speaking children. In the Mexican dub, Mina simply said that it had a lot of spelling errors, and the second English dub portrayed the letter as poorly written.
- This was the first episode to show Chibiusa's transformation into Sailor Chibi Moon.
- This episode was omitted from the Korean dub.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Neo-Queen Serenity - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Chibiusa/Sailor Chibi Moon - Kae Araki
- Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus - Megumi Ogata
- Michiru Kaiou/Sailor Neptune - Masako Katsuki
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Artemis - Yasuhiro Takato
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Professor Souichi Tomoe - Akira Kamiya
- Eudial - Maria Kawamura
- Tamasaburou - Akiko Yajima
- Chagama - Miki Narahashi
- Shinnosuke - Akiko Yajima
- Shinnosuke's Mother - Miki Narahashi
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon S
| Next episode:|
|This article is a stub. You can help WikiMoon by expanding it.|