Talk:Act 15 - I'll Punish the Thief!
210, I'm not sure where you're seeing an "elastic material" that connects the sleeves - they appear to be connected straight onto the chest protector thing, and I don't see any difference between these ones and the old ones wrt arm maneuverability. They appear to be pretty much the same to me when it comes to size, they just puff out more. Kerochan no Miko 21:16, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- I can't quote the specific scenes here, but that "elastic band" is often seen on screen, & maybe also on screencaps or even printed publications. Only the old version is connected straight to the protector. 210 21:31, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- Side-by-side comparison of the sleeves shows:
- I don't see any elastic bands there, it looks like a solid sleeve with puffy strips attached to the top - I've looked at a lot of other screencaps, too, and see the same thing.
- I don't think they upgraded the sleeves for the transformation/attack sequences that already existed, though since Venus Love-Me Chain showed up after the upgrade, Venus looks like she has the new sleeves there. Kerochan no Miko 21:40, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- ADDENDUM: A collection of shots of Mars' sleeves - IMHO, it's fairly obvious that they're attached directly to the chest protector thing.
- Kerochan no Miko 21:50, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- I haven't cheated you! ^^ The band (a bit light-green in color) is definitely there! The new version seems to be solidly connected to the protector on appearance, but when the Senshi maneuver their upper arms to a certain extent/direction, it "opens" & shows the band! And you're right concerning those sequences (& actually the opening one as well). 210 21:58, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- And actually I saw Mars' "elastic band" most often. lol 210 22:02, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- I...don't think "cheated" is the word you mean, because it doesn't make much sense in that context. ^_^; Also, are you referring to this?
- If so, that's the leotard showing under the chest protector. IIRC you could see it on occasion before the new sleeves, too. Kerochan no Miko 22:10, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- Nope. And I've only seen the elastic band from behind so far. It's a strip more than 1 inch in width. When it shows, the pad seems to be "disconnected" (but not falling apart), creating a triangular exposure of the Senshi's flesh, surrounded on 3 sides by the pad, the "band" & the protector. 210 22:21, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- I have to admit, then, that I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you find a screencap or something? Kerochan no Miko 22:25, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- Ah! Never mind, now that I was looking in the right place I spotted it - it appears that in the front the sleeves were attached directly to the chest protector, but separated in the back with just that band holding it in place - and either the band was usually hidden by the collar or it was there sometimes and not others (kind of like the interchangeable boots with heels and boots without heels).
- Kerochan no Miko 22:40, 21 September 2006 (MST)
^ Now I feel we're like some perverts trying to peek into the underwears of ladies. ^^; Yeah, I've never seen it in the front. 210 22:48, 21 September 2006 (MST)
- Heh. I've seen much stranger discussions on cosplay forums. But yeah, it looks to me like they kept the sleeves completely attached in front, to make it look better, but left the back loose so the girls could still move their arms. Kerochan no Miko 22:50, 21 September 2006 (MST)
There's a very, very clear shot of the "elastic band" that attaches to the shoulder pads to the rest of the chest protector in Act 44. Sailor Jupiter raises her arm to lift her Sailor Star Tambo and you can see the elastic band very clearly if you pause it at that moment. WaterKnight 18:55, 22 October 2007 (MST)
- It feels like spotting for bra straps. lol I wonder if there could be a better engineering design idea for the shoulder pads. --210 19:08, 22 October 2007 (MST)
- I believe that, while the PGSM costumes are of very high quality(at least compared to the Sera Myu ones, which are supposed to be more glamorous for on-stage), but the chest protectors are too chunky. I always thought the chest protectors would be more form fitting. One thing that sort of peeves me is Sailor Venus's back bow and the beads in her hair. Otherwise, the outfit is perfect. The only other gripe I have are the heel-less boots and the heeled boots and how obvious some of the switches are. In Act 28, they have heeled boots for like 5 seconds and then switch back to the others. WaterKnight 18:11, 23 October 2007 (MST)
- I actually have a "theory" concerning their heels, which I mentioned somewhere here in the past: those heels have a futuristic built-in intelligence that can sense the real-time requirement of the situation & adjust their heights accordingly, kinda like today's intelligent cars. lol
- Maybe a "PGSMII" in the future could improve the costumes w/ the advancement of materials science & the like. --210 18:39, 23 October 2007 (MST)
- Didn't Sailor Moon have ice-skate blades pop out of her boots when she needed them in an episode of the anime? Kerochan no Miko 18:45, 23 October 2007 (MST)
- I've forgotten that but seems to have some blurred memory now that you've mentioned. It could be applying another (more advanced) technology by which wishes of the mind could be channelled to transform matter. --210 19:03, 23 October 2007 (MST)
- I wish they would just make the other series in live-action already. If not now then we know they'll do it later. I'd prefer a live-action series over a live-action movie. That episode of Sailor Moon was silly... remember that most of the anime is filler material between the Manga acts. I wish they would just be consistent with the PGSM outfits. Sailor Mercury's costume and hair are too azure (sky-blue) for their own good when they're really sapphire (dark blue). Sailor Mars and Jupiter's are the best.
^ I think the changes in Moon's & Mercury's theme colors in PGSM have their own merits, tho I've no problem w/ the original colors of their counterparts in the other incarnations. --210 00:39, 24 October 2007 (MST)
- Another thing that I think is worth mentioning is the subtle transition of the brooches(or the center of the front bows... whichever term you prefer). I think that the Inner Senshi have different brooches every other Act. In certain Acts, the brooches appear more jewel-like and translucent, while in other Acts, the brooches appear more pearly or not traslucent at all (for lack of a way to describe them clearly). WaterKnight 17:42, 24 October 2007 (MST)
- Oh really? Didn't noticed. Any caps? --210 17:49, 24 October 2007 (MST)
Mercury's brooch from Act 2 Mercury's brooch from Act 28
Also, here's an image of Jupiter's "shoulder strap" from Act 44 WaterKnight 18:21, 24 October 2007 (MST)
- To be honest, the only difference I see between Mercury's brooches in those two caps is the way the light is shining on them - they don't look like they're made of different materials to me. Kerochan no Miko 18:28, 24 October 2007 (MST)
- That's what I'm beginning to think. In the Final Act, which takes place in the Dark Kingdom, barely any light shines on the brooches, so they appear glossy and more translucent. WaterKnight 18:29, 24 October 2007 (MST)