The Super Live
No image yet.
|Name (romaji):||"Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon" Super Live|
|Name (translated):||“Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon” The Super Live|
|First Performance:|| August 31, 2018 (Tokyo)|
November 3, 2018 (Paris)
March 24, 2019 (Washington D.C.)
March 29, 2019 (New York City)
|Last Performance:|| September 9, 2018 (Tokyo)|
November 4, 2018 (Paris)
March 24, 2019 (Washington D.C.)
March 30, 2019 (New York City)
|Number of Performances:|| 9 (Tokyo)|
1 (Washington D.C.)
3 (New York City)
|Previous Musical:||Nogizaka46 Version Musical|
“Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon” The Super Live was a musical stage show based on the Dark Kingdom arc which began its run in 2018, and was the first time a show was made with international audiences in mind. It was first announced as a part of the Japan exposition in France, Japonismes 2018, with plans to take it to other parts of the world later on.
It made its debut in the Tokyo previews, with three casts of Inner Senshi split into groups of five to perform with each team. Kanae Yumemiya, Natsuki Koga, and Tomomi Kasai starred as Sailor Moon in "Cast ❤," "Cast ◆," and "Cast ♪," respectively. Cast ❤ went on to be called "Team Paris," as they performed later in France. A mix of Senshi actresses from Team ♪ and Team ◆ were chosen to go to America to perform the full show as a part of Japan 2019 and The National Cherry Blossom Festival. This group of performers is nicknamed "Team America."
Unlike the other Sailor Moon musicals, The Super Live had barely any spoken lines and the great majority of songs are instrumental, a choice which reduces the language barrier between the audience and the show.
Before their performance in Washington D.C. as a part of The National Cherry Blossom Festival, the cast made an appearance at its opening ceremony on March 23, 2019, where they performed four songs: "Watashi-tachi Sailor Guardians," "Ichirin no Bara," "La Soldier," and "Moonlight Densetsu." The ceremony was live-streamed worldwide via Facebook.
The US performances included English supertitles displayed on stage, with the occasional lines appearing in speech bubbles.
The cast, called then "Team America," included Tomomi Kasai, Momoko Kaechi, Yui Hasegawa, Kanna Matsuzaki, and Yu Nakanishi as the Inner Senshi. The Youma ensemble consisted of Atsumi Matsubayashi, Izumi Niihashi, Ayumi Higashikawa, Moeko Koizumi, and Hinako Aikawa.
- Joou Kunrin
- Good Morning! (Sorry, I’m late…)
- Moonlight Densetsu (short version)
- Matenrou no yoru
- Ecole!School Gakkou Gakkou
- Barairo no Tatakai
- Koisuru Usagi
- HARAJUKU KAWAII
- Go to the Arcade!!
- Ordinary days
- 「KOKOKARA DASE!」
- Electro Go Round
- Watashi-tachi Sailor Guardians (battle version)
- Otome no Policy (ballade version)
- Welcome to Dark Kingdom
- Strike Back
- Omoi, Soshite
- La prière
- On the Moon
- Moon Crisis Re;Make Up
- Dance De Medley
- Otome no Policy
- Tokoyami no Dark Kingdom
- Ichirin no Bara
- La Soldier
- Watashi-tachi Sailor Guardians
- Moonlight Densetsu
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon: Kanae Yumemiya
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury: Cocona
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars: Kotomi Hirai
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter: Kie Obana
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus: Sena
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon: Natsuki Koga
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury: Umino Kawamura
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars: Kyoko Ninomiya
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter: Kanna Matsuzaki
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus: Yu Nakanishi
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon: Tomomi Kasai
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury: Momoko Kaechi
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars: Yui Hasegawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter: Shio Yamazaki
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus: Saaya Goto
- - Atsumi Matsubayashi (Cast ❤, Cast ◆, Team Paris, Team America)
- - Izumi Niihashi (Cast ❤, Cast ♪, Team Paris, Team America)
- - Mizuki Donjou (Cast ❤, Cast ♪, Team Paris)
- - Suzuka Osawa (Cast ❤, Cast ♪, Team Paris)
- - Miyuu Ohashi (Cast ❤, Cast ♪, Team Paris)
- - Aiko Enemoto (Cast ◆)
- - Ayumi Higashikawa (Cast ◆, Team America)
- - Moeko Koizumi (Cast ◆, Cast ♪, Team America)
- - Hinako Aikawa (Cast ◆, Team America)
- Voice actress and singer Kyoka was originally cast as Queen Beryl along with Makoto Aikawa. She was set to play as a member of Cast ❤ and Cast ◆, but had to withdraw due to an illness, so Aikawa took over all performances.
- Since it was created to suit international audiences, this was the first Sailor Moon stage production performed in its original, full form outside of Asia.
|This article is a stub. You can help WikiMoon by expanding it.|