Usagi's Misfortune! Watch Out for the Rushing Clocks
Luna brings the suspicious clock for analysis
|Name (Kanji/kana):||うさぎの災難! あわて時計にご用心|
|Name (Romaji):||Usagi no Sainan! Awate Dokei ni Goyoujin|
|Name (Translated):||Usagi's Misfortune! Watch Out for the Rushing Clocks|
|Name (Viz Dub):||Usagi’s Disaster: Beware of the Clock of Confusion|
|Animation Director:||Akira Nakamura|
|Air Date:||May 9, 1992|
|Previous Episode:||Is the Genius Girl a Youma? Brainwashing School of Terror|
|Next Episode:||Cursed Buses! Fire Senshi Mars Appears|
|English Dub Episode|
|Air Date:||September 18, 1995|
|Previous Episode:||Computer School Blues|
|Next Episode:||An Uncharmed Life|
Usagi takes Ami on a shopping trip. They see a new shop, Clock Look, selling discounted clocks. Usagi sees an alarm clock that looks like Luna, and wants to buy it, since she is always late for school. Unfortunately, she doesn't have enough money, so Ami offers to call for her each morning in the future.
When Usagi gets home, her mother has bought the clock for her, as well as others for the house. Luna resents being compared to the clock, but Usagi is delighted with it. That night, Luna sees the clock begin to glow.
Ami calls for Usagi in the morning, but finds she has already left. Usagi's whole family is behaving strangely, and the same is true at school. Half of Usagi's class have already arrived by 8am, and Usagi has already eaten her lunch. Haruna grows impatient and leaves, followed by the students.
Luna finds Ami, and shows her Usagi's clock. She gives her a mini-supercomputer to help with the analysis. When they open the clock, a beam of energy escapes and they discover that there is no mechanism inside it.
As the city descends into chaos, Jadeite and his Youma Ramua gather the energy of the populace in a giant clock. Meanwhile, Ami and Luna find Usagi and head for Clock Look. The hyperactive Usagi is completely under the Youma's spell, and immediately transforms into Sailor Moon. Ami transforms too, and Sailor Moon breaks into the shop with a Moon Tiara Action. She and Sailor Mercury run inside, but the shop front repairs itself, trapping Luna outside.
Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury follow the Youma into the giant clock, which contains an unstable time field. Mercury uses her computer to find the Youma, but as they confront her, Sailor Moon collapses, her energy depleted. The Youma then freezes time around Sailor Mercury, trapping her. With the Senshi on the verge of defeat, Tuxedo Mask enters the shop and cracks the face of the giant clock. Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury are freed, and together they kill the Youma. The shop disappears, and the city returns to normal.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Sailor Mercury's mini-supercomputer and the Mercury Goggle.
- Usagi and Ami were shopping in Tokyo's Harajuku district, which is known for its trendy shops and wild fashions.
- In the DiC English dub, the scenes showing Serena riding on the bus were flipped so that the bus was on the right side of the road, like in North America, instead of on the left side of the road, like in Japan. However, after the bus crashed into the pole, the scene was not flipped, and the door was on the wrong side of the bus. The scene in which the woman on the bus strangled the bus driver was also cut, though there was a brief glimpse of her getting ready to do so. Also, the 1,000 yen bill in Serena's wallet had the last two zeros erased to make it look like a ten dollar bill and the scene showing Jadeite speaking to Ramua was flipped.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Naru Osaka - Shino Kakinuma
- Gurio Umino - Keiichi Nanba
- Haruna Sakurada - Chiyoko Kawashima
- Ikuko Tsukino - Sanae Takagi
- Kenji Tsukino - Yuuji Machi
- Queen Beryl - Keiko Han
- Jadeite - Masaya Onosaka
- Ramua - Eiko Yamada
- Bus Driver - Masato Hirano
- Man - Kazunari Tanaka
| Previous episode:
| Next episode:|