If you happen to run across an image that hasn't been uploaded to the server, feel free to comment so the admins know about it... Kerochan no Miko 23:34, 22 November 2006 (MST)
The following articles contain images that have to be uploaded to WikiMoon:
Anton-P 13:57, 23 November 2006 (MST)
- These have all been uploaded now, thanks. Kerochan no Miko 22:19, 23 November 2006 (MST)
These articles need images uploaded:
- Usagi and the Girls' Resolve! Prelude to a New Battle
- Parallel Sailor Moon
- Minako in "Game Center Crown"
Kerochan no Miko 12:28, 24 November 2006 (MST)
- Okay, I took care of them. Kerochan no Miko 19:05, 24 November 2006 (MST)
- o_O You talking to yourself, or you've got an identical twin (S/N-wise)? --210 19:10, 24 November 2006 (MST)
Moon Fireworks - Image to be uploaded Anton-P 02:12, 18 March 2007 (MST)
- Uploaded. Kerochan no Miko 08:22, 18 March 2007 (MST)
- Got them, thanks. Kerochan no Miko 16:50, 9 May 2011 (MST)
It says to create links to sources such as Image Shack, but would Photobucket work? HaidaSan 23:33, 6 January 2007 (MST)
- Since it says "such as", it means "free web hosting sites", or in other words, "not someone else's webspace that they pay for." Kerochan no Miko 23:43, 6 January 2007 (MST)
There seems to be a bug with the template where, if it's used on an image at the top of an article, it adds an extra line break above the box for no apparent reason. Is anyone seeing this with images in the middle of articles as well? Do we need to stop using the template? Kerochan no Miko 21:48, 26 January 2008 (MST)
- As you've already known, I've also got the similar problem in the middle of articles. As regard to the template, maybe we delete it & recreate one to see if the bug is w/i the deleted template only or it's a Wiki system bug? --210 22:08, 26 January 2008 (MST)
- I'm only seeing it happen when the image is at the top of the article, whether I look at it on Firefox, IE, or Opera. I'm thinking it's a 210's-browser bug. Kerochan no Miko 23:11, 26 January 2008 (MST)
- If it was, then my browser's bug could only occur w/ this template bug, since my browser has no such problem w/ other templates. lol BTW, I'm using IE, but it's the one version behind the current latest one - dunno if that could account for this difference btn your browser & mine. In any case, that template problem has to be tackled. --210 00:40, 27 January 2008 (MST)
I really strongly believe we need to change some of our style guidelines for images - people are generally using higher display resolutions than they were when this wiki started eight years ago (side note: eight years?!) so I think we can accordingly allow larger image sizes in articles. I also think we need a different way to display multiple images in one article - as it currently stands, if we want an image of a particular attack or item or such from each of the different incarnations of the series we end up with a rather ugly jumble of pictures. I'm going to start looking into ways that can be done with Mediawiki, but suggestions are welcome. Kerochan no Miko (talk) 12:42, 20 July 2014 (MST)
- Makes sense.
- Part of the reason why multiple images end up looking ugly seems to be that they're often of different size. The articles here are relatively short, so the pictures in them are close enough to each other that having them aligned to the same side highlights this.
- Screencaps are easy to "standardize", but manga panels are always of variable proportions. If those can't be forced into a fixed width, maybe choose a single image as the "main" one (to be put in the top part of the article, or even in the infobox), and make the rest into some table at the bottom? But that'll still mean they have to be roughly the same size in order to look good. There seems to be a strong need for thumbnails.
I'm trying a new layout standard with an "Images" section in an article, so we can show multiple versions of a character or item or what-have-you without making a formatting mess (see Transformation Brooch for an example). If I can figure out what's wrong with the image uploading we could just start using the gallery tag but for now I'll have to stick with the tables. Any thoughts? Kerochan no Miko (talk) 19:27, 12 March 2015 (MST)