Dead Scream in the anime
|Attack Name:||Dead Scream|
|Attack Name (kanji/kana):||破滅喘鳴／デッド・スクリーム|
|English Name:||Pluto Deadly Scream (dub), Dead Scream (manga, Viz dub)|
|Performed by:||Sailor Pluto|
|Item Required:||Garnet Rod|
|First Used (anime):||Who is the True Messiah? Chaos of Light and Darkness|
|First Used (manga):||Act 19 Time Warp SAILORPLUTO|
Dead Scream was the first attack used by Sailor Pluto.
To perform this attack in the original anime series, Sailor Pluto raised the Garnet Rod into the air and a small whirlwind spun into being around her. She said the attack name and the winds coalesced into the Garnet Orb, creating a glowing purple ball of energy. She spun once, holding the Rod, and then fired the energy at her target.
- The name of this attack probably derives from Roman mythology, in which Pluto was the god of the underworld, the resting place of the dead.
- The literal meanings of the kanji characters used in the name of this attack in the manga are "destruction" (破滅) and "wheezing" (喘鳴).
- Though Sailor Pluto used this attack in episode 112, the full sequence of the attack was not shown until the next episode.
- According to the Sailor Moon SuperS Nakayoshi Anime Album, the mist that formed around the Garnet Orb when Sailor Pluto performed this attack was called "meikai no kaze" (冥界の風; wind of the underworld). The same phrase was also used to refer to this attack in the musical Last Dracul Jokyoku.
- In the original version, Sailor Pluto said the attack's name in a soft voice, but in the first English dub she yelled it out instead.