Is Usagi a Model? The Focus of the Youma Camera
Usagi's modelling career is cut short by Luna
|Name (Kanji/kana):||モデルはうさぎ? 妖魔カメラの熱写|
|Name (Romaji):||MODERU wa Usagi? Youma KAMERA no Nessha|
|Name (Translated):||Is Usagi a Model? The Focus of the Youma Camera|
|Animation Director:||Kazuko Tadano|
|Air Date:||July 4, 1992|
|Previous Episode:||Dream of a White Dress! Usagi Becomes a Bride|
|Next Episode:||Shingo's Innocent Love! A Sorrowful French Doll|
|English Dub Episode|
|Air Date:||September 28, 1995|
|Previous Episode:||Wedding Day Blues|
|Next Episode:||Dangerous Dollies|
Usagi and Naru see an article about Kijin Shinokawa, a junior high student who has won a photography award. Realising he goes to school near Rei, Usagi goes to look for him, hoping to get an autograph. Rei scolds her, reminding Usagi that she has no real interest in photography.
Usagi sees that Kijin is advertising for models, and decides to apply. Her family aren't especially supportive, but Motoki encourages her. Mamoru has less confidence in her chances, but says that she might as well enter anyway.
A few days later, Usagi is delighted to find she has been selected, and equally dismayed to find that her only swimsuit is full of mothholes. She and Luna go to the photo shoot and find hundreds of girls there - even Naru and Haruna have been selected. While she changes into her swimsuit (with bows strategically placed over the holes), Luna goes to watch Kijin, and is shocked when all the girls he photographs disappear.
Luna tries to tell Usagi, but she is more interested in getting ready for the photo shoot. She calls Ami, telling her to come and watch, but Usagi cuts her off before Luna can tell her about the emergency. Angry, Luna takes one of the bows from Usagi's swimsuit and runs. Usagi has no choice but to chase after her. She misses her photo shoot, but sees Naru and Haruna disappear when Kijin takes their picture. She and Luna confront Kijin, but find him to be violent and incoherent. Usagi transforms and berates him for failing to understand beauty, then kicks his camera into the pool. Kijin collapses, and the Youma Cameran emerges from the water. She shoots photographic beams from her hands, trapping both Kijin and Luna inside photographs. Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars join the battle, but are also trapped by the Youma. Sailor Moon finds herself cornered in front of a mirror but leaps away at the last minute, tricking Cameran into photographing herself. With the Youma crippled, Sailor Moon destroys her, and everyone reappears.
Zoisite appears before Nephrite, mocking his failure. Kijin, for his part, decides to temporarily withdraw from the public eye until he can properly understand beauty.
 Episode trivia
- This episode saw the introduction of the first set of Communicators.
- Usagi's swimsuit showed up again in episode 20.
- An image of Sailor V appeared on the cover of the magazine Usagi was reading.
- The contest was held on July 4th, the same day this episode aired in Japan.
- While Sailor Moon held the two pictures Cameran took of Luna and Kijin, her hands were briefly shown without gloves.
- In the original version, Usagi said that Kijin attended Gohongi Number 1 Junior High School, which was located near T·A Academy for Girls. In the English dub, however, Serena mentioned that Peter attended Raye's school, which should have been impossible because she attended a girls-only school.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Naru Osaka - Shino Kakinuma
- Haruna Sakurada - Chiyoko Kawashima
- Ikuko Tsukino - Sanae Takagi
- Kenji Tsukino - Yuuji Machi
- Shingo Tsukino - Chiyoko Kawashima
- Motoki Furuhata - Hiroyuki Satou
- Nephrite - Katsuji Mori
- Zoisite - Keiichi Nanba
- Kijin Shinokawa - Tsutomu Kashiwakura
- Cameran - Yuka Ohno
- Reporter - Toshio Kobayashi
| Previous episode:
| Next episode:|