|Alignment:||Moon Kingdom, Crystal Tokyo|
|Lives:||Azabu-Juuban, Minato-ku, Tokyo|
|Occupation:||High school student, later university student (manga); university student (anime)|
|Family:||Parents (deceased), Usagi Tsukino (future wife), Chibiusa (future daughter), Kousagi Tsukino (future daughter; "Parallel Sailor Moon" only)|
|Associates:||Usagi Tsukino and friends, Motoki Furuhata, Ittou Asanuma; Saori, Kobayashi (anime); Hina Kusaka (PGSM)|
|Aliases:||Tuxedo Mask, Prince Endymion, King Endymion; Moonlight Knight (anime), Endou (manga), Metalia Endymion (PGSM)|
|First Anime Appearance:||Crybaby Usagi's Magnificent Transformation|
|First Manga Appearance:||Act 1 Usagi SAILORMOON|
|First PGSM Appearance:||Act 1 - I am Sailor Moon!|
|English Name:||Darien Shields (dub, Mixx manga), Mamoru Chiba (Kodansha manga, Viz dub)|
|Actors:||Tohru Furuya (anime); Kenji Nojima (Crystal); Jyoji Shibue (PGSM); Rino Romano (dub 1-11), Toby Proctor (dub 12-40, 42-65), Vincent Corazza (dub 41, 83-159; movies); Robbie Daymond (Viz dub)|
| Mamoru Chiba|
Mamoru's personality was very brash at first, especially toward Usagi Tsukino and, to a lesser extent, some of her friends, such as Makoto Kino. It was slowly revealed that his brashness stemmed from the fact that he was orphaned on his sixth birthday in a terrible car crash that left him with his first bout of amnesia, and therefore he had some trouble opening up to others on a deep level. He was often a target for the enemy, and suffered through amnesia many times between the first and second seasons of the anime.
After Usagi and Mamoru's relationship finally became stable in Sailor Moon R, Mamoru's personality became very calm and kind. He was generally supportive of the girls, and did his best to cheer up Usagi and Chibiusa when they were upset, though he also sometimes struggled to keep up with their antics. He also gave the other girls advice as well, for example, Ami Mizuno in episode 97.
| Mamoru Chiba in|
- In the anime, he had a brief relationship with Rei Hino, though he did not seem to take it as seriously as Rei did; in fact, he seemed to merely accompany her on dates to keep her happy rather than through any great desire on his part.
- In the manga and live-action series, Usagi and Mamoru seemed to grow closer even before their memories of their past lives returned, but they did not really begin to show strong affections toward each other in the anime until that point. In the live-action series, Mamoru was engaged to Hina Kusaka, the daughter of his patron who looked after him when he was younger. However, he was not truly in love with her and was merely engaged out of a sense of responsibility to her parents, and eventually found himself falling for Usagi. When Hina realized this, she broke off their engagement.
- He and Usagi loved each other very much, and in the future they married. In the second season of the anime, their relationship had further challenges to overcome that did not exist in the manga. He lost his memories once again, but Usagi retained hers, and he had her and Natsumi Ginga/An fighting over him. Once that was resolved, he began to have dreams that foresaw Usagi being struck by misfortune should the two of them stay together, which made him break off their relationship. It later turned out this was actually King Endymion testing their love. In the first part of the fifth season, he was also brainwashed by Queen Nehellenia and forgot Usagi.
- In both the anime and manga he seemed to have dumped Usagi when he left to study in America, as he never wrote or called, and during this time Usagi was pursued by Seiya; as it turned out, though, he had been killed by Sailor Galaxia on his way to America.
- In the manga, Michiru Kaiou playfully flirted with him, however it did not seem that she or he took this very seriously. Usagi did interpret these actions this way and became briefly depressed, as did Mamoru when he witnessed Haruka Tenou similarly flirting with Usagi.
- He lavished attention on his future daughter, Chibiusa, often causing Usagi to feel unusually jealous. It was his encouragement that aided Chibiusa in becoming a strong Senshi, and in battling her inner demons as well as the enemies.
Mamoru's hobby was given as reading, and he kept many books in his apartment. He wanted to be a doctor one day and his favorite subject was physics. His favourite sport was track and field events.
- Mamoru was brainwashed to attack the Sailor Senshi during the first, second, and fifth arcs of the manga.