Sailor Moon R (Nintendo Game Boy)
The game cartridge
|Name (romanized):||Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R|
|Name (translated):||Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R|
|System:||Nintendo Game Boy|
|Release Date:||April 22, 1994|
In this game, the player could play using "story mode" or "arcade mode." In story mode, the player began play with Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon, then Chibiusa, then the Inner Senshi. Gameplay moved between a story chapter where the player walked around the map and talked to other characters, followed by a platform level, and a boss room. In arcade mode, the player chose a character, and the non-combat parts of the game were skipped.
In both modes, the game was complete after five stages, most of which were rather short. The boss rooms sometimes started with a scene with Tuxedo Mask where the player would receive an extra life for picking up the rose item. Other items the player could pick up included hearts, which refilled some health, cake slices, which refilled more health, and a tiara, which offered a power-up to the character's attacks.
Each of the Sailor Senshi would attack with their first attacks. The player could also attack while jumping and ducking.
- Usagi/Sailor Moon - Koan (boss)
- Chibiusa, Ami/Sailor Mercury - Rubeus (boss)
- Rei/Sailor Mars - Esmeraude (boss)
- Makoto/Sailor Jupiter - Saphir (boss)
- Minako/Sailor Venus - Prince Demande (final boss)
- Sailor V Game
- Slide Puzzle
- Match Game
- Fortune Telling
- This was one of two black-and-white Sailor Moon related video-games to be produced, along with Sailor Moon, which was released a year before.