|English Name:||Shadow Galactica|
|Origin:||Sagittarius Zero Star|
|Subgroups:||Sailor Animamates, Star Gardeners (manga only)|
|Important Members:||Sailor Iron Mouse, Sailor Aluminum Seiren, Sailor Lead Crow, Sailor Tin Nyanko; Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon, Sailor Chi, Sailor Phi, Sailor Lethe, Sailor Mnemosyne (manga only)|
|Season (Anime):||Sailor Moon Sailor Stars|
|Monsters of the Day:||Phage|
Shadow Galactica was the name of Sailor Galaxia's empire. Comprising Sailor Senshi from throughout the galaxy, its objective was to collect Sailor Crystals. Except for the musicals, all members are identified by the golden bracelets they wore on their wrists.
In the anime, when Sailor Galaxia destroyed a planet, there was a possibility that she would offer the Senshi of that planet a chance to live after she took away her Star Seed, as well as increase her power, by the use of special golden bracelets. In return for this augmentation, the Senshi would usually end up losing her free will, and would work for Galaxia until her death. Usually, the method of death for a worker of Shadow Galactica in the anime was for the displeased Galaxia to simply remove the worker's bracelets, thus causing them to disappear.
By the time Galaxia reached Earth, only the four Sailor Animamates were with her: Sailor Iron Mouse, Sailor Aluminum Seiren, Sailor Lead Crow, and Sailor Tin Nyanko. Setting up their headquarters at the Ginga TV station, they disguised themselves as talent agents and searched for true Star Seeds, but they almost always ended up finding Phages. Eventually, almost all of the remaining members of Shadow Galactica were killed by Galaxia's removal of their bracelets; the only exception was Lead Crow, who died through Tin Nyanko's machinations.
Two additional members of Shadow Galactica in the anime were Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, who gave up their Star Seeds and joined Galaxia as part of their plan to defeat the golden queen; however, their plan failed and they also had their bracelets removed.
As in the anime, in the manga the followers of Shadow Galactica, headed by Galaxia, were recruited to reap Sailor Crystals from the planets. As was implied in the anime, there were real Sailor Senshi, such as Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnemosyne, who worked for Galaxia in hopes of making a better future for themselves - a future they believe Sailor Moon could not offer them.
However, most of Galaxia's followers were not real Senshi. They were normal people who had killed their planet's Senshi and given the Sailor Crystals to Galaxia. These people were given the golden bracelets as a reward, giving them power comparable to that of a Senshi, with the additional promise of a real Sailor Crystal once Sailor Moon was defeated. However, most of them totally lost their free will in the process and forgot Galaxia's promise, perhaps ensuring that they would not interfere with Galaxia's true plans to recreate the universe. The bulk of this group included the Sailor Animamates, Sailor Phi, and Sailor Chi, though the latter two seemed to have a great deal more free will than the Animamates.
Unlike in the anime, where only Galaxia managed to kill any Senshi, in the manga the subordinates had much better luck in their mission. On Earth, Aluminum Seiren killed Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter, while Lead Crow killed Phobos and Deimos. Tin Nyanko managed to injure Luna, Artemis, and Diana, and cause them to lose their speaking ability, while Sailor Lethe finished them off. Sailor Phi and Sailor Chi both killed the Sailor Starlights, and Sailor Chi killed Sailor Kakyuu.
Shadow Galactica in the musicals served roughly the same purpose as its anime and manga counterparts. However, the musicals introduced several Senshi not included in the anime or manga, such as Sailor Theta. They even included old enemies - notably Queen Beryl - whom Galaxia revived and decided to join with because of common goals, and thus not every member of Shadow Galactica wore the golden bracelets.
 List of Members
The following list combines the anime, manga, and Sera Myu members, and only lists those who joined Shadow Galactica willingly (i.e. the Senshi and Tuxedo Mask in manga Act 59, and the Inner Senshi in the musicals do not count).
 Sailor Animamates
- Sailor Iron Mouse
- Sailor Aluminum Seiren
- Sailor Lead Crow
- Sailor Tin Nyanko
- Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon - manga and musicals only
- Sailor Titanium Kerokko/Sailor Mitis Kerokko - musicals only
- Sailor Pewter Fox - musicals only
 True Sailor Senshi
- Sailor Lethe - manga only
- Sailor Mnemosyne - manga only
- Sailor Uranus - voluntarily in the anime and musicals; involuntarily in the manga
- Sailor Neptune - voluntarily in the anime and musicals; involuntarily in the manga
- Sailor Mercury - involuntarily
- Sailor Jupiter - involuntarily
- Sailor Mars - involuntarily
- Sailor Venus - involuntarily
- Sailor Pluto - involuntarily
- Sailor Saturn - involuntarily
- Sailor Theta - musicals only
- Sailor Buttress - musicals only
- Queen Nehellenia - anime only
- Chaos - musicals only
- MC Fly - musicals only
- Queen Beryl - musicals only
- Jadeite - musicals only
- Nephrite - musicals only
- Zoisite - musicals only
- Kunzite - musicals only
- Hematite - musicals only
- Hiddenite - musicals only
- Kalunite - musicals only
- Tiger's Eye - musicals only
- Hawk's Eye - musicals only
- Fisheye - musicals only
- Dark Moon - musicals only
- Nightmare - musicals only
- Lemures - musicals only
- A puppet in the form of Tuxedo Mask - musicals only
- A puppet in the form of King Endymion - musicals only
- Various Phages - anime only
- Although Galaxia and her minions appeared prominently in the anime, the term "Shadow Galactica" was never used in this continuity. However, Galaxia's anime image song contained a line calling her "the golden queen of Shadow Galactica."
- In Act 52, Usagi associated the name "Shadow Galactica" with the kanji and kana "銀河の影" (Shadow of the Galaxy).