The Final Battle Between Light and Darkness! Love Sworn to the Future
The girls combine their powers
|Name (Kanji/kana):||光と闇の最終決戦! 未来へ誓う愛|
|Name (Romaji):||Hikari to Yami no Saishuu Kessen! Mirai e Chikau Ai|
|Name (Translated):||The Final Battle Between Light and Darkness! Love Sworn to the Future|
|Name (Viz Dub):||The Final Battle Between Light and Dark: Pledge of Love to the Future|
|Animation Director:||Kazuko Tadano|
|Air Date:||March 5, 1994|
|Previous Episode:||Believe in Love and the Future! Usagi's Determination|
|Next Episode:||Usagi and the Girls' Resolve! Prelude to a New Battle|
|English Dub Episode|
|Air Date:||December 21, 1998|
|Previous Episode:||Diamond in the Rough|
|Next Episode:||Follow the Leader|
Luna and Artemis watch from the top of a building as in the distance the energy from the Evil Black Crystal grows stronger. Artemis says that if the Dark Gate opens and Nemesis uses the power of the Evil Black Crystal, the Earth will be destroyed.
In the meantime, the Sailor Senshi, Tuxedo Mask, and Black Lady stand on top of a platform at the peak of the Evil Black Crystal. Black Lady uses her powers open up the Dark Gate, then the power of the Black Crystal surges. Black Lady says that she will use the power of the Crystal to destroy the world, and she is willing to give up her life for it because she does not think she is loved. The Sailor Senshi try to plead with Black Lady, saying that she is not alone, but it only angers her. Black Lady attacks Sailor Moon, but Tuxedo Mask jumps in and takes the blow.
As Tuxedo Mask falls into Sailor Moon's arms, Black Lady is stunned, as she cannot understand why Tuxedo Mask risked his life for another. Everyone tells Black Lady that risking your life is what you do for people who are important to you, and that they are risking their lives for her because they love her. Before they can convince her, though, Wiseman interferes and sends more of the Black Crystal's power to Black Lady, who resumes her attack on the Senshi.
Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask then remember that King Endymion told them that their love must be strong enough, else they will not be able to win. The two of them join hands, saying that they must unite their power, and Sailor Moon raises the Silver Crystal into the air. The light of the Crystal travels into the future, engulfing Neo-Queen Serenity, and as it fades away in the present Sailor Moon has transformed into her future self. Serenity helps Black Lady remember her past, showing the context of the memories Wiseman had used to torment her. Instead of leaving her alone and ignoring her, Chibiusa's parents were truly trying to raise her to be strong.
Wiseman interferes once again and traps the three of them in a column of dark power. He tells Black Lady that everyone is born alone and dies alone, and removes the image of her parents from her memory to make her believe that she is all alone. Once more convinced by him, Black Lady attacks Tuxedo Mask and Neo-Queen Serenity. Even though her own life is in danger, Neo-Queen Serenity tries to persuade Black Lady to leave this place, as it is causing her both mental and physical injury. Black Lady points out that the same is true of the Queen, but she replies that her own safety does not matter as much as Black Lady's. Once again, Neo-Queen Serenity calls upon the power of the Silver Crystal to revive Black Lady's true memories. This time the dark power finally disappears, leaving the restored Chibiusa in her mother's arms. The two of them rejoin the other Senshi as Neo-Queen Serenity reverts to Sailor Moon once more.
The victory is not yet won, though, as the power of the Black Crystal grows and Wiseman appears to announce the opening of the Dark Gate. Using his newfound power he attacks, pinning down the Senshi even as he begins to destroy the world around them. Sailor Moon calls upon the power of the Silver Crystal and rises to her feet, and when Wiseman directly attacks her she dispels his attack and once more takes the form of Neo-Queen Serenity. She and Wiseman begin to battle, but the power of the Silver Crystal cannot prevail against him.
Chibiusa begins to cry, saying that everything is her fault, but as her tears fall one of them becomes the Silver Crystal of the future. She realizes then that the Crystal merged with her when she picked it up. Even though the others warn her of how dangerous it is, Chibiusa declares that she will use the Crystal to fight and protect those who protected her, even if it means her life. As Chibiusa and Neo-Queen Serenity call upon the powers of the two Silver Crystals of present and future, and the Sailor Senshi add their strength as well, their power overcomes Wiseman and destroys him.
Sailor Moon and Chibiusa find themselves floating within a pink light and wonder if they are dead, but say that if so it is all right, because they saved everyone. They hear Neo-Queen Serenity's voice tell them that they have created a miracle, and both wake to find themselves surrounded by their friends. As the dawn breaks over the city, the Evil Black Crystal fades away completely.
The Senshi gather at the park later, bidding Chibiusa farewell as she returns to the future, but Usagi just stands to one side and watches awkwardly. They finally rush together and embrace, and Chibiusa thanks her. Chibiusa then thanks the others as well, and uses the Key of Space-Time to return home.
Back in a now-restored Crystal Tokyo, Chibiusa races toward her parents and the Sailor Senshi of the future. She stops to curtsey, then tearfully throws herself into her mother's arms, as Neo-Queen Serenity welcomes her home.
- "La Soldier," the background song which played during Neo-Queen Serenity and Chibiusa's fight against Wiseman, was originally written for the Sailor Moon musicals. In the English dub it was replaced by the song "The Power of Love," in the Portuguese dub it was replaced by an instrumental version of "Luna Luna," in the Korean dub it was replaced by "Moonlight Densetsu", and in the Catalan dub it was replaced with "Moon Revenge". In the Hebrew dub the song was replaced with an instrumental version. The Italian, French, German, Greek, and Hungarian dubs removed the song without a replacement, although when when the series was released on DVD in France, it was replaced again with an instrumental version.
- This episode marked the death of Wiseman.
- This episode included the last use of Moon Crystal Power.
- When Chibiusa ran up the hill to greet the Sailor Senshi and her parents after she returned to the 30th Century, Sailor Mercury's tiara was missing. The music playing in this scene was an instrumental version of "Heart Moving."
- This was the last episode directed by Kazuko Tadano.
- In the scene where Black Lady attacked Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask shielded her, the English dub changed the dialogue to say that Wicked Lady was going to attack Tuxedo Mask.
- This was Tracey Hoyt's last episode playing Rini in the English dub.
- This was the last episode to be shown in China, Sweden, Finland and the Galicia region in Spain. It was also the last episode of the second Greek dub and the Malay dub.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Neo-Queen Serenity - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Chibiusa/Black Lady - Kae Araki
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Artemis - Yasuhiro Takato
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask/King Endymion - Tohru Furuya
- Wiseman - Eiji Maruyama
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon R
| Next episode:|