The Friendship of the Sailor Senshi! Goodbye Ami
Ami's new communicator and Star Power Stick
|Name (Kanji/kana):||戦士の友情! さよなら亜美ちゃん|
|Name (Romaji):||Senshi no Yuujou! Sayonara Ami-chan|
|Name (Translated):||The Friendship of the Sailor Senshi! Goodbye Ami|
|Name (Viz Dub):||A Guardian's Friendship: Goodbye, Ami|
|Animation Director:||Taichi Nakamura|
|Air Date:||July 10, 1993|
|Previous Episode:||Huge Shock for Usagi! Mamoru Declares a Breakup|
|Next Episode:||Women Should Be Strong and Beautiful! Rei's New Killer Move|
|English Dub Episode|
|Name:||Sailor Mercury Moving On?|
|Air Date:||November 8, 1995|
|Previous Episode:||The Cosmetic Caper|
|Next Episode:||Gramps in a Pickle|
Chibiusa is out walking with Luna P when she sees a new ice cream shop called Bob-Floy. She is momentarily tempted by thoughts of ice cream, but sternly tells herself she has to look for the Silver Crystal. When Ami comes by and offers to buy Chibiusa some ice cream, however, the girl accepts the offer happily.
Outside the Hikawa Shrine, the other Sailor Senshi meet with Luna and Artemis to discuss the fact that Ami has been offered a scholarship to study medicine in Germany, so she can become a doctor like her mother. Usagi is upset and doesn't want Ami to leave their team, but Rei argues that Ami has worked hard for her grades, and Germany is the best place for her to study. The Senshi agree that Ami should follow her own wishes, and if she leaves, they must all work harder to fight the enemy. They decide to hold a party for Ami. The cats give all the Senshi new transformation items and communicators.
Once they've finished their ice cream, Ami says goodbye to Chibiusa and leaves for cram school. Chibiusa wonders if Ami might be the person who holds the Silver Crystal.
When Ami gets out of her cram school she finds Chibiusa waiting outside. Chibiusa asks if she can stay the night at Ami's home and study, because she can't concentrate at Usagi's place. Ami says yes, but because she keeps studying until late, Chibiusa doesn't have a chance to look around for the Silver Crystal. Ami asks Chibiusa who she really is and where she's really from, and offers to let the girl live there to keep her mother company when she leaves. However, she regrets her offer immediately, and says that she cannot leave Usagi behind.
The next day, Ami is walking with Usagi and Chibiusa. Usagi encourages Ami to go to Germany. Ami decides that she will go, but she does not want a going-away party, because she is afraid she is not able to say goodbye to her friends. When Usagi passes this on to the other Senshi later, they discuss it and finally agree that they will say goodbye to her at the airport instead.
At Bob-Floy, Nipasu has disguised herself as an employee and works with the also-disguised Berthier. All customers who eat their ice cream become unable to withstand the heat outside, and will thus crave even more ice cream. Artemis, who had been sneaking around in the back of the store, overhears their conversation, but is discovered before he can get away to warn the Senshi. He tries to pretend he is an ordinary cat, but is frozen solid by Nipasu's breath.
Back at the Hikawa Shrine, Rei reads the flames to try to find Artemis' location, but cannot see him.
On Ami's last day in Tokyo, as Chibiusa is over at her apartment watching her pack she finally decides that Ami cannot be the one with the Silver Crystal.
Minako is standing on a bridge, watching the ice cream shop thoughtfully, when Luna comes up to tell her it's time to say goodbye to Ami.
When the shop closes, Berthier arrives and tells Nipasu to take care of the frozen customers in the back room, ordering the Droid to work harder, then disappears again. When Nipasu opens the door to the back room, however, she is greeted by Minako and Luna. She freezes Luna, and Minako uses her communicator to call for help from Usagi, Rei, and Makoto, who were waiting for Minako at the bus stop so they could go to the airport together. Usagi hesitates to go because she has a gift for Ami, but Chibiusa and Mamoru arrive and offer to deliver for her. The two of them leave for the airport in Mamoru's car while the Senshi rush to help Minako.
The Senshi arrive at Bob-Floy, and Nipasu immediately attacks, making it so cold that the Senshi can't attack.
Ami arrives in a taxi at the New Tokyo International Airport where Mamoru and Chibiusa find her. Chibiusa uses Luna P Magic to create a flower bouquet she gives to Ami, and says that the others must not have been good friends after all since they didn't come to see her off. Ami disagrees, saying it was only because she asked them not to come. Mamoru gives her the gift from Usagi, and Ami sees it contains her new transformation stick and communicator. She realizes that the others must not have come because they were fighting the enemy, and decides that she cannot simply think about herself. Ami asks Mamoru to drive her back.
Ami arrives at Bob-Floy just in time and transforms into Sailor Mercury, confronting Nipasu before she can finish off the other Senshi. Sailor Mercury uses Shine Aqua Illusion to incapacitate the Droid, allowing Sailor Moon to destroy her with Moon Princess Halation and thus free Luna and Artemis.
As the Senshi are reunited, Ami says that she wants to stay with everyone. Mamoru agrees with Chibiusa that this is because of her. Usagi asks Ami if she regrets the decision, but she says that she can study no matter where she is.
- This episode included the first appearances of Mercury Star Power, Make Up and Shine Aqua Illusion. Although the Mercury Star Power, Make Up animation sequence debuted in this episode, the signature background music for that sequence was not used for several more episodes.
- The musicals Sailor Moon S - Usagi Ai no Senshi e no Michi and Shin / Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi - Last Dracul Jokyoku also used the idea of Ami moving to Germany to study.
- During the scene where Ami almost left for Germany, "Onaji Namida wo Wakeatte" was playing in the background. In the first English dub, it was changed to "Only A Memory Away." In the Swedish dub, it was changed to the Swedish version of "Heart Moving." In the Catalan dub, it was replaced with "Princess Moon." In the Spanish dub, it was replaced with an instrumental version of "Otome no Policy" The German and Hebrew dubs replaced the song with a translated version. In the Thai dub, it was replaced with an instrumental version of the song. The Italian, French, Portuguese, Greek, Hungarian, and Mandarin dubs removed the song without a replacement. The Korean dub replaced the song with translated version of Moonlight Densetsu.
- In the first English dub, DiC added a seatbelt to Amy's lap during a scene where she was riding in a car. When this scene appeared in a flashback in episode 82, however, Amy was not wearing her seatbelt.
- In the German dub, Ami still said she was moving to Germany.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Chibiusa - Kae Araki
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Artemis - Yasuhiro Takato
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Rubeus - Wataru Takagi
- Berthier - Yuri Amano
- Nipasu - Eriko Hara
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon R
| Next episode:|