The Sparkling Silver Crystal! The Moon Princess Appears
Mamoru reveals that he is Tuxedo Mask
|Name (Kanji/kana):||光輝く銀水晶! 月のプリンセス登場|
|Name (Romaji):||Hikari Kagayaku Ginzuishou! Tsuki no Purinsesu Toujou|
|Name (Translated):||The Sparkling Silver Crystal! The Moon Princess Appears|
|Animation Director:||Kazuko Tadano|
|Air Date:||November 28, 1992|
|Previous Episode:||The Last Sailor Senshi! Sailor Venus Appears|
|Next Episode:||Memories Return! Usagi and Mamoru's Past|
|English Dub Episode|
|Name:||A Crystal Clear Destiny|
|DiC or Cloverway?:||DiC|
|Air Date:||October 20, 1995|
|Previous Episode:||Sailor V Makes the Scene|
|Next Episode:||A Reluctant Princess|
Sailor Venus, meeting the others for the first time, says that she is not the Moon Princess, just another warrior sent to protect her. Artemis tells them to meet tomorrow to discuss an ongoing investigation.
Zoisite and Kunzite ask Queen Beryl why they were ordered to pull back. She tells them that their ruler ordered it, and demands that Tuxedo Mask is not killed, but brought to the Dark Kingdom alive. At dawn, Zoisite contacts the injured Mamoru, now aware of his identity, and challenges him to a fight for the Rainbow Crystals at the Star Light Tower.
That afternon, Usagi sees Mamoru, but instead of picking on her, he is conciliatory. As he leaves, she notices his shoulder is bleeding. She follows him, but he tells her to go home. As they approach the Star Light Tower, Zoisite transports them both inside.
Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Luna are waiting for Usagi at the shrine, unable to contact her. A girl arrives and tells them she is at Star Light Tower. She introduces herself as Minako Aino, the civilian identity of Sailor Venus. Artemis tells the girls that the enemy has been operating in Star Light Tower, and they go to investigate.
Zoisite brings Mamoru and the unconscious Usagi inside the tower. He puts his five crystals on the ground and tells Mamoru to do the same. Mamoru tells him to let Usagi go; Zoisite says he will, after he puts down his crystals. Mamoru complies, placing his crystals in the center of the room with Zoisite's. Kunzite appears next to them and takes them. Mamoru throws a rose, but Kunzite disappears and it hits Zoisite, scarring his face. As Usagi wakes up, Zoisite disappears, telling Mamoru to come to the observation deck if he wants the crystals back. The whole floor freezes and starts to collapse. As Usagi and Mamoru run for the elevator, Usagi realizes that Mamoru has the same injury as Tuxedo Mask, and begins to wonder about his identity. While Usagi and Mamoru are trapped in the elevator, the rest of the Sailor Senshi arrive at the building. Sailor Mercury sees them in the elevator, and Sailor Jupiter blows a hole in the wall, giving them access to the building. Meanwhile, they are watched by Zoisite and Kunzite, with Zoisite wanting revenge for his scarred face.
Usagi asks Mamoru what he knows about the Rainbow Crystals. He says that when he was six, he was in a car accident that killed his parents and left him with no memory. Recently, he has been having dreams where a mysterious figure urges him to find the Silver Crystal, which he believes will restore his memory.
Kunzite casts the city into darkness and transforms the tower. As the elevator nears the observation deck, Zoisite tries to kill both of them, intending to tell Queen Beryl that Mamoru died accidentally. Usagi transforms at the last moment, rescuing Mamoru, but when they confront Zoisite on the deck he transforms into Tuxedo Mask. Sailor Moon tells him to run, but he says he will stay to protect her. As he prepares to fight Zoisite, a shard of crystal appears behind him and stabs him. The Sailor Senshi arrive to find a distraught Sailor Moon cradling Tuxedo Mask. As Sailor Moon starts to cry, the Rainbow Crystals disappear from Kunzite's possession and reappear above Sailor Moon, uniting with one of her tears to form the Silver Crystal. It attaches itself to the Moon Stick, and Sailor Moon transforms into the Moon Princess.
- The Silver Crystal made its first physical appearance in this episode.
- This episode provided the first conclusive evidence that it was impossible to see through a Sailor Senshi's disguise, even for other Sailor Senshi.
- This was the second of only two episodes of the anime to feature a transformation sequence for Tuxedo Mask.
- This episode included the second time Usagi and Mamoru were trapped in an elevator, and a Shitennou was involved both times. The first time was caused by Nephrite in episode 19.
- In the English dub, the song "Maboroshi no Ginzuishou," which originally played when the Silver Crystal and Princess Serenity were revealed, was replaced by "My Only Love." In the Catalan dub, the song was replaced by an instrumental version of "Otome no Policy". In the Mexican and Hebrew dubs, the song was replaced with a dubbed version. In the German dub, the song was replaced with an instrumental version. In the Greek, Korean, Portuguese, Italian, and Swedish dubs, the song was removed completely without a replacement.
- Also in the English dub, Zoisite's attack on Sailor Moon was changed so that Tuxedo Mask was the target instead, and Tuxedo Mask's impalement was cut.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Artemis - Yasuhiro Takato
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Queen Beryl - Keiko Han
- Zoisite - Keiichi Nanba
- Kunzite - Kazuyuki Sogabe
- Doctor - Toshio Kobayashi
| Previous episode:|
| Next episode:|