Mamoru and Usagi's Babysitting Mayhem
Mamoru, Usagi, and Manami shopping
|Name (Romaji):||Mamoru to Usagi no Bebiishittaa Soudou|
|Name (Translated):||Mamoru and Usagi's Babysitting Mayhem|
|Name (Viz Dub):||Mamoru and Usagi's Babysitting Mayhem|
|Animation Director:||Kazuko Tadano|
|Air Date:||May 1, 1993|
|Previous Episode:||Targeted Kindergarten Kids! Venus' Great Performance|
|Next Episode:||The Culture Fest is for Me? Queen Rei Sings With Passion|
|First English Dub Episode|
|Name:||Much Ado About Babysitting|
|Air Date:||November 30, 1995|
|Previous Episode:||Kindergarten Chaos|
|Next Episode:||Raye's Day in the Spotlight|
As Usagi and Ami walk by the Nakayoshi Koyoshi Nursery School, they stop to admire a small baby and speak to the baby's mother. Suddenly, Amaderasu appears and attacks the babies and teachers present in order to steal their energy. The Cardian disappears once finished, leaving behind the unconscious children and a distressed Usagi and Ami. Mamoru arrives and tells them to call an ambulance immediately.
Usagi, Ami, and Mamoru find that the victims of the Cardian's attack will be all right within a week, but since Manami's mother protected her during the attack, she was left healthy but without a guardian until her mother recovers. Mamoru and Usagi resolve to watch after the child until her mother can leave the hospital.
The two of them take Manami back to Mamoru's apartment, and despite the difficulties they encounter, Usagi still takes the opportunity to flirt. When they try to change Manami's diaper, they realize that the baby is actually a boy. Mamoru tries to get the child to speak, but Usagi insists that he is too young. She then tries to teach him to walk, but Mamoru scolds her, so she leaves. She begins to wonder if she and Mamoru are really compatible.
The next day, Usagi and Mamoru go shopping with the baby in tow. Natsumi sees them from across the street and and mistakenly believes they have gotten married. Makoto, Minako, and Ami arrive as well, and begin to tease Usagi. Afterward, they inform her that they will be meeting up at Rei's house to find out about the next Cardian. Natsumi watches from afar, growing suspicious.
At the Hikawa Shrine, Rei uses her psychic abilities to discover more about the Cardian. She finds that its particular card, the Sun, can bring good or bad luck in marriages. She recognizes the Cardian's evil aura, so once it attacks again, she can pinpoint the location.
Meanwhile, Natsumi shows up at Mamoru's house to flirt and help with the baby. Manami dislikes Natsumi immediately, and cries in her presence. She tries to change the child's diaper, but Manami urinates on her. Natsumi leaves in anger just as Usagi walks in. Usagi grows jealous that Natsumi was there, and starts to leave. However, Usagi sees Manami taking his first steps. As she and Mamoru celebrate, however, Ami walks in and whispers that the Cardian is back, so the girls leave.
Sailor Mars, Sailor Venus, and Sailor Jupiter arrive on the scene first, and fight the Cardian Amaderasu, who has trapped the children in giant bubbles to shield herself from the Senshi's attacks. Usagi and Ami reach the Nursery School and transform into Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury. Amaderasu begins to drain their energy, but is stopped by the Moonlight Knight. Sailor Mercury, who is angered at the Cardian for using babies as a shield, uses her Sabão Spray Freezing attack for the first time. It freezes the Cardian in a block of ice, giving Sailor Moon just enough time to use Moon Princess Halation and win the battle.
Once Manami's mother is fully healed and can leave the hospital, Usagi and Mamoru return the baby to her. She thanks the two of them for their help. Usagi and Mamoru say goodbye to the child, who speaks his first words: "Mamoru, Usagi, bye-bye."
- The second nursery school targeted was Nakayoshi Koyoshi Nursery School (Good Friends Nursery School in English). Nakayoshi is the magazine that published the Sailor Moon manga.
- The baby store was named "Endo," which could have been a reference to Yuji Endo, the director of this episode.
- The first English dub title of this episode, "Much Ado About Babysitting" is a reference to William Shakespeare's comedy "Much Ado About Nothing". This play was again referenced in a dub title, as episode 133 (Artemis' Affair? A Mysterious Kitten Appears) was renamed "Much Ado About Kitten".
- Also in the first English dub of this episode, a scene was cut where Manami urinated on An as she changed his diaper, but it was still used in the Sailor Says segment at the end of the episode.
- In the Hebrew dub, the scene where Usagi realized that Manami was a boy was cut so that the picture stayed on his face instead of moving down to display the proof.
- Manami's name was "Camille" in the French dub of this episode, which was the same as Chibiusa's dub name.
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, Alexis was played by Cristina Hernandez, who later played Rini.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Mamoru Chiba/Moonlight Knight - Tohru Furuya
- Ail/Seijuurou Ginga - Hikaru Midorikawa
- An/Natsumi Ginga - Yumi Touma
- Manami - Mayumi Nomura
- Manami's Mother - Miyoko Aoba
- Amaderasu - Yuka Ohno
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon R
| Next episode:|