Talk:Dead Moon Circus
- No, we're not really big enough to merit one. I'd argue that the Dead Moon and Dead Moon Circus are potentially very different things: the Dead Moon referring to Nehellenia's regime as well as her old kingdom, while the Dead Moon Circus refers to the front she used to attack Earth. So the Dead Moon Cirus is really a subset of the Dead Moon. At least, that's how I've always seen it. Similarly, there are distinctions between the Black Moon (a place and a regime) and the Black Moon Clan (a distinct group of people). dooky 08:05, 10 August 2006 (MST)
Reverted edits, because an unfinished discussion from five and a half years ago is not enough basis to make alterations to this article. If we're going by comparisons between the Black Moon and Black Moon Clan, note that "Black Moon" redirects to "Black Moon Clan" and by that logic, "Dead Moon" should just redirect here, which I'm inclined to go with, tbh. Kerochan no Miko 07:17, 27 February 2012 (MST)
- Frankly, I only agree with the first part of the argument, The Black Moon thing doesn't really make sense to me, so I just pretty much ignored it, however the first reasoning makes sense: the Dead Moon is Nehellenia's empire with her evil servants and everything. The Dead Moon Circus is the circus; meaning the tent with its performers and popcorn-sellers. It's the front; the legitimate facade that the bad guys use to cover-up their very illegitimate business; "Oh no don't worry, we're not an evil organization bent on a total take-over of this beautiful planet. And we're definitely not the ones attacking innocent to look into their dreams! No, no we're a a nice family-friendly show with gentle clowns and jugglers, with absolutely no traces of cross-dressers or evil little girls; please bring you children!". That's pretty much what I though of the Amazoness Quartet's advertising campaign for the circus in episode 150. It's a guise that they use to blend in with humans; pretty much like the Death Busters use Mugen Gakuen.--Sailorsimon 13:12, 27 February 2012 (MST)
- So you disagree with the argument on which you based your edit earlier? That doesn't make a lot of sense....
- I don't really see that there was a difference between the two, tbh. Did they ever give a name of Nehellenia's actual kingdom? Because if not, once she'd turned her servants into Lemures by devouring their dreams, there wasn't really an obvious line between "this is her court" and "this is the circus performers". They all met in the circus tent, after all. (Except the Trio and their bar-of-unnamed-location.) Kerochan no Miko 18:17, 27 February 2012 (MST)
- I only said I disagreed with the second part of the argument. Fact is Dead Moon is used to refer to the evil organization and Dead Moon Circus is the circus; the guise they use on Earth. Therein lies the distinction, I don't know how this could be unclear? For instance, the musical song Dead Moon no Kuroi Yume clearly says: Warera yami no oukoku (Dead Moon) = we are the kingdom of darkness, Dead Moon. The circus is bogus; maybe not entirely in the anime but the manga and musical are clear; the circus is the cover-up used by the Dead Moon, that's it, the name of their kingdom is Dead Moon.--Sailorsimon 18:46, 27 February 2012 (MST)
- If you disagreed with any of it I fail to see why you decided it was sufficient basis to make the edits you did. Things like this need to be discussed before being implemented, as you've been told quite a few times now.
- However, though I disagree with you on this point, I don't feel strongly enough to oppose the change. Kerochan no Miko 19:12, 27 February 2012 (MST)
- So... does that mean I can revert the edits back? Just want to be sure. --Sailorsimon 19:22, 27 February 2012 (MST)
- Technically, no you should not have reverted them yet because you have to give other people the opportunity to weigh in on a discussion like this. At least 24 hours is the general rule of thumb. Kerochan no Miko 07:21, 28 February 2012 (MST)