Usagi and the Girls' Resolve! Prelude to a New Battle
Professor Tomoe makes his first appearance
|Name (Kanji/kana):||うさぎ達の決意! 新しき戦いの序曲|
|Name (Romaji):||Usagi-tachi no Ketsui! Atarashiki Tatakai no Jokyoku|
|Name (Translated):||Usagi and the Girls' Resolve! Prelude to a New Battle|
|Name (Viz Dub):||Usagi and the Girls' Resolve: Prelude to a New Battle|
|Air Date:||March 12, 1994|
|Previous Episode:||The Final Battle Between Light and Darkness! Love Sworn to the Future|
|Next Episode:||Premonition of World's End? Mysterious New Senshi|
|First English Dub Episode|
|Name:||Follow the Leader|
|Air Date:||December 22, 1998|
|Previous Episode:||Final Battle|
|Next Episode:||Star Struck, Bad Luck|
The Sailor Team present a preview of the forthcoming season, and debate the prospect of selecting a new main character.
- The opening sequence featured all 4 variations of "Moonlight Densetsu" used up until now, split into 4 equal-sized boxes. This was also the last episode to feature the original version of the song. A new version, sung by Moon Lips, was used in the next two seasons. Part of this special opening was used in the beginning of the original English dubbed episode.
- The song playing during the battle with the Spectre Sisters was "Ai no Senshi". In the first English dub, the song was replaced with "Who Do You Think You Are?".
- In previous episodes featuring flashbacks, actors appearing only in those flashbacks still appeared on the credits. That was not the case with this episode, which only credited the five members of the Sailor Team. As such, it was the first episode of the series for which Keiko Han did not receive credit.
- This was the last episode to be shown in the UK.
- This episode was the only episode not shown in Latin America, Brazil, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Italy, Germany, and Croatia.
- This episode was shown only once in Greece.
- This was the last episode dubbed by DiC and so also featured the last Sailor Says segment.
- In the first English dub, during the flashback scene from episode 56, Amy was not wearing her seatbelt, even though in the actual episode, DiC had added a seatbelt to that scene. And though episode 42 was omitted from the DiC English dub, the image of Sailor V kicking The London Youma still appeared in a flashback in this episode.
- Also in the first English dub, Raye incorrectly claimed to have been a Sailor Scout before Amy.
- In the French and Hungarian dubs, the opening scene in which Sailor Moon used Moon Crystal Power, Make Up was cut.
- This was the last time Terri Hawkes played Serena, Karen Bernstein played Amy, Emilie Barlow played Raye, and Stephanie Morgenstern played Mina in the English dub.
- The Sailor Says segment on this episode was previously played with "Little Miss Manners."
- This was Sophie Gormezzano's final episode voicing Mathilda and Françoise Pavy's final episode voicing Raya in the French dub.
- This episode was omitted from the Korean dub.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon R
| Next episode:|
|This article is a stub. You can help WikiMoon by expanding it.|